Saturday, March 5, 2011

Studio Debris


This is what happens when you get a new camera and don't feel like cleaning the studio, instead of throwing junk away... take pictures of it! I ask myself, is there anything redeeming in this exercise of "navel gazing".. possibly. Many years ago an artist was visiting my studio, instead of looking at the paintings I noticed he kept walking around the space poking at my stuff, checking out my books and various knick-knacks. Lifting papers to see what was under them,as if looking for some secret that would explain my creative process or who I was. So..I decided to make it easy for you, go to Flickr and poke around.

.
Top: one of my wood sculptures
Middle: a stuffed Gar, harpooned from the Lake Wiley Dam by my late brother
Bottom: a mini water well, made by my neighbor "Dusty"