Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Yonder Wall


The first four months of this year have been productive. The studio wall that was empty in December has begun to show some life and I have felt a calm burst of creative energy as of late. Can't point to any reason for this, nothing has changed materially in my world, so... I guess, in my head something has grown or broadened, that is vague, so how 'bout this.. "time" has been less of a factor in the painting process, that means, the eye and mind are not as distracted by what's ahead or the outcome. If I focus on what is before me at the moment the outcome/future will take care of itself, an ageless philosophy, that in practice, is so difficult for us humans.

Above:This painting got pretty literal as it developed, I am debating whether to break it down for you viewers, maybe next post?