Friday, September 21, 2012

In The Movies

Seems like everywhere you turn these days you run into a movie crew filming on the streets of Atlanta, all this production provides an opportunity for the locals to participate. I was in two films this summer...wait, let me rephrase that, my paintings were involved in two movies this summer. This is how it works...say the crew is filming in a house or hotel suite and on the wall is one of your paintings, in order for said picture to be a part of the set the artist has to sign a "release" stating it's ok, (how'd they track me down?!). Sometimes you even get paid to just hang there. The two films?..."Identity Theft" ($100) and "Madea's Witness Protection" ($0).

Below: "Golden Age", acrylic on canvas, 1988, used on the set of the the film, "Stars And Bars" (1988),staring Daniel Day-Lewis, a dreadful movie, trust me, don't watch.

 While jogging one morning I turned down a road that looked like a hurricane had just passed, junk in the road and piles of trash everywhere...but something wasn't right, I bent down to inspect the trash and it was a solid mass, coated in a substance that kept it from blowing all over, fake trash! Turned the corner and there were the trucks, crew, equipment and the zombies, I had just jogged through the set of "The Walking Dead".