Saturday, November 13, 2010

This Little Piggy Went To Market

This will probably be the last painting to be included in my December exhibition at Tew Galleries, finished last week, it was the culmination of a process that started over a year ago. 365 days, that's about what it takes for me to create a new body of work for a show. Kind of daunting when you look at it that way, which is why I don't, to me its just a chunk out of a long line, a line that will continue next week when I start my next painting.

I brought 10 paintings to the gallery yesterday, they needed to go to the framer, who happened to be there at the time. I watched as they discussed moulding choices (an artist really shouldn't witness this process). I had to step back and let the march to the market begin, my job was done.

Above: The Piglet oil panel 16x14 2010
Below: Tim, Corky and Rannel (center) a framing wizard.
I mentioned in an earlier post about filming a promotional video for my show, watch a short intro here, more next time.