Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Good Stuff


So... this is what happens when an art dealer discovers the "Flip" video camera and Apple's iMovie software.

Timothy and I shot over 3 hours of interviews and "action" scenes, all to be whittled down to a 12 minute film. At first I tried to get involved in the decision making process; what to film or cut, what music to use, etc. but I quickly backed away, let him have fun. This was going to be his interpretation of what I do and am, which is always the case, whether its a critic writing a review or an author doing an article. The message gets spun as it leaves its source.

I did film all the scenery footage, holding the camera in one hand while riding my bike around the neighborhood, uhh...not safe, glad my health insurance was current. "The Good Stuff", where does that title come from?, watch it to the end. I just want to know...do I really talk like that? Yikes!


Watch the video here.